Please join us this Sunday 22 May for a special celebration of our friendship with each other and with God. Stay after the service for a BBQ in the courtyard behind the new building. Service starts at 10am. The BBQ will begin around noon. All are welcome.
During 2022, we will continue our study in the Gospel of John. We will focus on Believe and Live from John 20:30, “But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that e believing, you may have life in his name.” Join us each Sunday at 10am for a talk from Glen followed by worship in song. The service will be followed by Bethel Steps. The adults will have time to ask questions and share thoughts on the morning sermon and go a bit deeper into the passage and concepts covered.
- Wednesday Link Group at 7:30 at the Galbraith’s house
- Wednesday Link Group with Brad and Wendy – locations and times vary
- Ladies Link Group at 1:30 on Thursdays at the church
- Thursday Evening Prayer via Facebook Chat at 7:00
Contact the church for details on how to join one of these groups
Recent changes to the government Covid restriction means that Facemasks are no longer required in church. However, please feel free to continue to wear one should you feel more comfortable doing so. Also, we do ask that if you feel ill with symptoms of Covid, flu or tummy virus, please consider staying home and watching the service via LiveStream. Thank you.
Bethel Evangelical Church is a Covid Secure environment. Church service are set up to allow for social distancing. Hand sanitiser and masks are available. The government guidelines are to wear a mask in any public indoor spaces. We ask that you abide by this if you are able to do so. If you choose to not wear a mask, we will assume it is for a qualifying reason and will not pressure you to put one on. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
We know that not everyone is comfortable in public spaces so we continue to stream our services online for your health and safety.
Bethel Evangelical Church – Creche Guidelines
- Cleaning and Sanitisation
- All equipment will be sanitised each week
- All workers will wash/sanitise hands at the beginning of service and every 20 minutes
- Parents will wash/sanitise children’s hands upon arrival
- Children will not bring any personal belongings into the creche play area
- Social Distancing
- Workers will maintain 2 metre distance from other workers and parents
- Workers will have minimal close contact with children and leave personal care to the parents
- The crèche area will be of sufficient size and ventilation to reduce the spread of viruses
- Children or staff exhibiting any symptoms of illness will not be permitted to attend.
- If a child begins exhibiting symptoms during the service, the child will be isolated from the other children and the parents will be notified to collect their child immediately
- Parental Contact
- Parents will leave their contact information with the staff
- Staff will contact parents via text if the child requires personal care (nappy/clothes change), is injured, ill or is in excessive distress (ie crying for more than 10 minutes)
- Privacy and Information Storage
- Parental contact information and child safety information (ie allergies, special needs, etc) will be kept in line with our child protection policy and Track and Trace requirements
- All information can be deleted/destroyed at the parents request after 21 days from last visit in line with GDPR requirements
- Parent Observation
- Parents are encouraged to not stay with their children but are not prohibited from doing so.
- Parents can observe their children in the creche via a smartphone app during the service
- Only parents will have access to the creche camera and only when their child is present.
USING THE CRECHE
When You Arrive
- If this is your first time, please register your child and leave your contact phone number.
- Wash or sanitise your child’s hands.
- Deliver your child to the Creche Reception.
- Please take all your child’s belongings away with you.
If Your Child Needs You
- You will be contacted via text should your child need you.
- Come collect your child from the creche reception.
- If your child needs consoling or feeding, please stay with your child in the reception area.
- If your child requires a nappy change, a changing table is available next to the upstairs toilet.
- You can view the creche anytime during the service using the NEOS Smarthome App. You will need to request an invitation to the app from Tammy.
When Church is Finished
- Please collect your child from reception immediately following the service.
- Please do not linger in the reception area or upstairs hall.
The building is well on it’s way. The concrete floor has been poured, the rough-in plumbing for the toilets is being done this week. The electrics have begun and the last few doors and heating and air conditioning will go in middle March, Lord willing